Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Little Background

Luke and I were married December 31, 2005. It was a beautiful day filled with loved ones and friends. I wouldn't have changed a thing. To make that day even more special, December 31, 2009 was my due date with our daughter Isabella.

Birth Story follows:

Anyone who knows me well will tell you I hate being late. To that end my water broke at 4:30 pm on December 31, my due date. I didn't have any contractions at that point, but we grabbed our things and started for the hospital. Much to my dismay, six hours passed and still no contractions. So I got an IV of pitocin. A few hours later I gave in and got an epidural. Little did I know that I had already started getting an infection (within 12 hours of my water breaking). I was diagnosed with chorioamnionitis and started on antibiotics. Isabella needed to be delivered quickly, and I was finally dilated to 10 cm. However, she wouldn't cooperate, so I was wheeled down the hallway to an operating room and given a c-section. My fever was over 102 degrees by 8:10 am when Isabella entered the world. Thankfully Isabella was delivered in time and suffered no ill effects. And after 24 hours on multiple IV antibiotics I was fine.

Since that day, January 1, 2010, my life has changed completely! I love being a mom, and I adore my little girl more than I ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment