Monday, April 11, 2011

Cloth Diaper Trial - Day 5

Today Isabella and I went to the Sedgwick County Zoo. First we met with a sweet babywearing mama to give ring sling tips, then we got to spend the morning running around the Zoo! I even changed a cloth diaper on a park bench (and was very glad there wasn't any poop in it). I wish I had pictures, video would be even better, but it is difficult to take pictures of yourself and baby while alone. Let's just suffice to say that Isabella rode on my back looking over my shoulder. It was nice because I could tell exactly what she could see since her sightline was almost identical to mine! Because it was early morning during the week, there weren't very many people there and it was so nice to just walk and talk to her and tell her what we were looking at.

In cloth diaper news, we finally braved the world of prefolds today. The larger prefold worked fine with the snappi, but the smaller one wasn't wide enough for the snappi to reach both sides! It won't be my favorite method, but I would seriously consider them for a newborn (since newborns don't try to run away while you're wielding the snappi like a toddler does). I really like the Thirsties fitted with cover for nighttime since it's so soft and the whole thing is absorbent. I may try just using the fitted with no cover if the ouside of it isn't wet tomorrow morning since I would like Isabella to get some time without a pul cover.

3 comments:

  1. One tip for a prefold is I never use it like an actual diaper with a snappi. I just fold it into thirds and lay it in the diaper cover. This also makes a really good very absorbent night time diaper. If you are interested in getting some pul free time, you should look into wool covers. They make longies and shorties. I am glad to hear that things are still going well with the cloth testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thirsties fitteds with a thirsties cover! They are my favorite cover (by far!). I am a prefold mama for newborns, but Moriah grew so fast, that I didn't use them very long on her! :) Glad you are enjoying the cloth. It is motivating me to getting around and fixing mine! :)

    ReplyDelete